Lesson 65 Not a baby不是一个孩子
Listen to the tape then answer this question.Does Jill take the key to the front door?听录音,然后回答问题。吉尔有没有拿到大门的钥匙?
FATHER: What are you going to do this evening, Jill?
父亲:今晚你打算干什么,吉尔?
Jill: I'm going to meet some friends, Dad.
吉尔:我打算去看几个朋友,爸爸。
FATHER: You mustn't come home late. You must be home at half past ten.
父亲:你不准回家太晚,你必须在10点半到家。
Jill: I can’t get home so early, Dad.
吉尔:这么早我到不了家,爸爸!
Jill: Can I have the key to the front door, please?
吉尔:我能带上前门的钥匙吗?
FATHER: NO, you can't.
父亲:不行, 你不能带。
MOTHER: Jill's eighteen years old, Tom. She's not a baby. Give her the key. She always comes home early.
母亲:吉尔都18岁了,汤姆。她不是小孩子了。把钥匙给她吧。她总早早回家的。
FATHER: Oh, all right!
父亲:那么,好吧!
FATHER: Here you are. But you mustn't come home after a quarter past eleven. Do you hear?
父亲:拿去。但你不能超过11点1刻回家。听见了吗?
Jill: Yes, Dad.
吉尔:听见了,爸爸。
Jill: Thanks, Mum.
吉尔:谢谢,妈妈。
MOTHER: That's all right. Goodbye. Enjoy yourself!
母亲:不用谢。再见。好好玩吧!
Jill: We always enjoy ourselves, Mum. Bye, bye.
吉尔:我们总是玩得很开心的,妈妈。再见。
New words and Expressions生词和短语
Dad
n. 爸(儿语)
key
n. 钥匙
baby
n. 婴儿
hear
v. 听见
enjoy
v. 玩得快活
yourself
rpon.你自己
ourselves
pron.我们自己
mum
n. 妈妈
Notes on the text课文注释
1 the key to the front door.